Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Different Perspective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m584z5aE4Uc&feature=fvw

2 comments:

  1. tony campolo is a stud. Thanks for sharing this. Im sick of hearing that if I don't vote for a republican, I'm sinning. Even though democrat presidents never have as many abortions under their watch as republicans do under theirs. And we're supposed to LOVE gay people. Because Jesus loves the sinners. And like tony said, probably the most pressing thing in scripture is taking care of the poor and oppressed. Not keeping gays from being gay together legally. so this vid was refreshing. did you know he's shane claiborne's mentor? well i'm like 85% sure...i remember reading that somewhere. and I know they did the "simply enough" dvd. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8QcaaVWXfI

    ps come back to riversideeee!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I really like hearing different perspectives because we always just hear that Republicans are right and Democrats are wrong, when in reality Republicans have a lot of black stains on their platform. I think you're right--at least Shane talks about Tony Campolo a lot in Irresistible Revolution. That's why I watched this video. I'll check your video out too. I'm coming back a week from today! Praise the Lord! We need to chat when we get back. Talk to Jennifer about the homeless in Riverside...she'll know :)

    ReplyDelete