Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Who do we represent...really?


I listened to this song on my run the other day, and this line hit me.

"Nobody knows what we're for only what we're against."

How true that is. Sadly.

How are we as the church of Christ representing Him who came to seek and to save the lost? How are we following the One who loved the outcast? How are we being the hands and feet of the One who let prostitutes touch Him?

I'm afraid that the church in America is known more for what they're against than what they're for.

We are FOR Jesus! And He is the Most High God, the Sovereign King who reigns over all forever, the Savior of the world, the Friend of sinners.

How are we representing THAT Jesus? Or, maybe the better question is, what Jesus ARE we representing? The One who is alive and reigns at the right hand of the Father, who came and humbled Himself to love sinners and even die in their place? Or a Jesus that we've made a political agenda to suit our own selfish entitlement-driven "needs"?

I pray that God will humble and refine me so that when the world looks at me, they see what, rather Who, I am for-- Jesus. And that's it.

Here's the song I mentioned. The lyrics are good, and whoever made the video to go with it, did a fantastic job.

No comments:

Post a Comment