Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sovereignty & Praise

"Who has understood what is in Your mind, O Lord,
or instructed You as Your counselor?

Whom did you consult to enlighten You,
and who taught You the path of justice?

Who taught You knowledge
or showed You the way of understanding?

Surely the nations are like a drop in a bucket
and are regarded as dust on the scales;
You weigh the islands as though they were fine dust.
Before You all the nations are as nothing;
You regard them as less than nothing and worthless.

To whom, then, will I compare You?
Or what likeness will I compare with You?" (Isa 40:13-15, 17-18).


As God teaches me more about His sovereignty, I'm realizing that His sovereignty is directly linked to His command and desire for us to praise Him in and for all things. If God is sovereign over ALL things, that means I can praise Him FOR all things, knowing that all things are FROM Him and through Him and to Him, and they will all result in His glory and the good of His children. What an amazing God we serve!

This is one of my recent favorite songs because the lyrics are this passage of Scripture, which is one of my favorites, along with Romans 11:36, another one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment