Epiphany from tonight...
Beauty is not defined by culture.
Now to some of you, that may seem like a no-duh statement, but God really hit me with this tonight. We had a talent show tonight, and one of the girls wanted to demonstrate how to wrap a head covering in a stylish way, so I was her model or manican. Afterward, many of the guys came up to me and told me how I should cover my head all the time because I was so beautiful with it on. That devastated me. Not because they don't think I'm beautiful without a head covering but because they think that girls with head coverings are more beautiful. It sickened me to think that girls have to live under that, yet they're blind to it and are part of continuing this brainwashing.
But then came the kicker.
"It's the same in your culture," God told me.
"How so?" I asked, not really wanting to hear the answer.
Guys think that girls who are super skinny are beautiful, and girls help to stimulate that thinking by striving to be skinny and by teaching younger girls to do the same. How sad and sickening and devastating that girls have to live under that. Or choose to live under that.
"I am beauty. And I created man and woman in My image. Therefore, you contain My beauty and are a reflection of My beauty to the world. Culture does not def
No comments:
Post a Comment