Sunday, January 1, 2012
Not Strong Enough
I'm not sure if I've blogged about this song before, so sorry if this is repeat.
God keeps repeating one tiny phrase to me-- You don't have to be strong enough.
Good thing! Because I'm not. So often, I want to at least pretend or try to be strong enough. To prove something or to be independent or to be strong for someone else or whatever. But the more I'm here, the more I realize, I'm not strong enough. And it's okay that I'm not. Why? Because His power is perfected in my weakness.
I'm not strong enough to share the gospel. I'm not strong enough to be alone. I'm not strong enough to speak truth into others' lives, especially when it's hard for me to believe that truth myself. I'm not strong enough to pass through dark valleys on my own. I'm not strong enough.
Right now, I'm worn out. Physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. I have nothing left. This morning, I just told God that all I want is time with Him. That's what I need. He reminded me of John 15, one of my favorite chapters. Abide. Remain. Rest. He is my source. My source of strength. He is the One who is doing all the work through me anyway--it's not me! I'm just a tunnel that His grace passes through to others.
I can only process through everything that's going on by abiding in Him. I can only help others process through what is going on by abiding in Him. I can do nothing without abiding in Him. Nothing on my own strength, which is zero right now.
Praise God for His strength and for His desire to have His children abide in Him. What a sweet relationship He's allowed us to have with Him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you, honey, for this reminder. I needed it!
ReplyDelete