In dark valleys of unbelief, He is still faithful. He constantly pours out His truth--His spoken truth directly to me, His written truth in His Word, His Truth in His Person, and His truth in music that He has given to His children. He indeed is good!
Psalm 13 (NLT)
For the choir director: A psalm of David.
1 O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever?How long will you look the other way?
2 How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul,
with sorrow in my heart every day?
How long will my enemy have the upper hand? 3 Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!
Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die.
4 Don’t let my enemies gloat, saying, “We have defeated him!”
Don’t let them rejoice at my downfall.
5 But I trust in your unfailing love.
I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
6 I will sing to the Lord
because he is good to me.
Psalm 34 (NASB)
The LORD, a Provider and Deliverer.
A Psalm of David when he feigned madness before Abimelech, who drove him away and he departed.
1I will (A)bless the LORD at all times;His (B)praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2My soul will (C)make its boast in the LORD;
The (D)humble will hear it and rejoice.
3O (E)magnify the LORD with me,
And let us (F)exalt His name together.
4I (G)sought the LORD, and He answered me,
And (H)delivered me from all my fears.
5They (I)looked to Him and were radiant,
And their faces will (J)never be ashamed.
6This poor man cried, and (K)the LORD heard him
And saved him out of all his troubles.
7The (L)angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him,
And rescues them.
8O (M)taste and see that the LORD is good;
How (N)blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!
9O fear the LORD, you (O)His saints;
For to those who fear Him there is (P)no want.
10The young lions do lack and suffer hunger;
But they who seek the LORD shall (Q)not be in want of any good thing.
11(R)Come, you children, listen to me;
(S)I will teach you (T)the fear of the LORD.
12(U)Who is the man who desires life
And loves length of days that he may (V)see good?
13Keep (W)your tongue from evil
And your lips from speaking (X)deceit.
14(Y)Depart from evil and do good;
Seek peace and (Z)pursue it.
15The (AA)eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous
And His ears are open to their cry.
16The (AB)face of the LORD is against evildoers,
To (AC)cut off the memory of them from the earth.
17The righteous (AD)cry, and the LORD hears
And delivers them out of all their troubles.
18The LORD (AE)is near to the (AF)brokenhearted
And saves those who are [a](AG)crushed in spirit.
19(AH)Many are the (AI)afflictions of the righteous,
But the LORD (AJ)delivers him out of them all.
20He keeps all his bones,
(AK)Not one of them is broken.
21(AL)Evil shall slay the wicked,
And those who hate the righteous will be condemned.
22The LORD (AM)redeems the soul of His servants,
And none of those who (AN)take refuge in Him will be condemned.
"Just as I am, though tossed about with many a conflict, many a doubt, fightings within and fears without, O Lamb of God, I come! I come! Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind; sight, riches, healing of the mind, yea, all I need in Thee I find, O Lamb of God, I come! I come!"
"The Father's wrath completely satisfied--Jesus, thank You! Once your enemy, now seated at Your table, Jesus thank You!...Your enemy You've made your friend."
Another song we sang this morning that I loved is called O Love that Will Not Let Me Go, but there's not a good version on youtube that will let me embed it, so I'm just going to type out some of the words...
"O love that will not let me go, I rest my weary soul in Thee; I give Thee back the life I owe, that in Thine ocean depths its flow may richer, fuller be. O joy that seekest me through pain, I cannot close my heart to Thee; I trace the rainbow through teh rain, and feel the promise is not vain that morn shall tearless be."
Are we the same person as of late? Thank you for the encouragement!
ReplyDelete