The workings of this blog post and the ones to follow (soon??) have been stirring in my mind for almost 2 months! Needless to say, there's a lot of tangled thoughts going on in this brain of mine, but I'm going to start by quoting a book that I just finished and definitely recommend. It's called Believing God: 12 Biblical Promises Christians Struggle to Accept by RC Sproul Jr. When I was looking for books for my kindle a couple months ago, I saw this title and knew it had my name written all over it. 2 months later, I finished reading it, and here's one of the last paragraphs of the book:
"I began this chapter suggesting that I have written this book with a single hope, that I in writing it and you in reading it would go away better able to believe the promises of God. He does not need to promise us more, for His promises exceed all that we could imagine. But we can ask that instead of giving us more, He would give us eyes to see, ears to hear, and hearts to believe. If you have come to this point better equipped to believe, do not be too easily satisfied. In this maturing faith, ask for still more faith. In this growing wisdom, wisely ask for more wisdom. In this cleansing of all unrighteousness, righteously ask to be cleansed still more. In this delightful delighting in Him, ask that you might delight in Him still more. In this seeing Him, ask that you might see Him more clearly."
And that's the end of part 1. Know that there's way more in this crazy head of mine! Hopefully I'll take the time and energy to share more of it soon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment