Friday, November 12, 2010

Praising Him

http://www.klove.com/blog/image.axd?picture=2010%2F10%2Fpraise-god1.jpg
I know this was the title of my last blog post, but there seems to be no other appropriate title. He is worthy!!

This morning, I read Psalm 134, 146-150. As far as I could tell, the command to praise Him exists 48 times in these chapters alone! Wow! I don't praise Him near enough.

Father, tune my heart to sing your praise. As I'm walking. As I'm learning. As I'm talking. As I'm teaching. As I'm building relationships. As I'm alone with you. Fill my mouth and heart with your praises. You are worthy.
"Let them praise the name of the Lord, for His name alone is exalted; His glory is above earth and heaven. And He has lifted up a horn for His people..." (Ps 148:14).

Psalm 149 is my request for my people. Join me in pleading Him for their hearts, lives, and praises for the sake of His name and for His glory.
Father, let them be glad in their Maker. Let them rejoice in their King. Let hem praise your name with dancing. Let them sing praises to you with their instruments. You take pleasure in your people. You will beautify these afflicted ones with salvation--that's a promise! May they exult in glory because you have saved them. May they sing for joy on their beds. Let your high praises be in their mouths and mine. May we praise you in any and every way possible all of the time. You are worthy. May countless people join the anthem of praise to you today from around the world. May today be the breakthrough in so many peoples, including our own. Thank you that you are faithful to keep your promises, powerful to answer our prayers in greater ways than we could ever ask or imagine, that you love these people far more than I could ever love them, that you have a perfect plan to draw them to yourself to praise you for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment