So I have had a blog post in my head for at least a week, but I'm not going to write it. It's just more frustrations with where I and the church in America are in relation to where Christ taught us, showed us, and called us to be. Just read Matthew instead. He does a better job of explaining it than I would anyway.
So here's the blog post that you're going to get. Some of my friends and I are fasting from surfing the net this month...whatever that means. Until tonight (I know, it's the 8th already), I hadn't defined it for myself yet. I guess because I didn't really want to give up anything I really enjoyed doing on the Internet. Well, God made me rise to the challenge of this fast, and starting tonight, I will no longer be on the computer for the month of January, except to check my email. Why? Well, tonight as I was trying to figure out what to do to occupy my time, all I wanted to do was be on my computer. Chatting with people, stalking people and pictures on facebook, reading blogs, etc. My computer has become a god. Ouch. That hurts to confess out loud. So this month, instead of being on the computer, I am committing to memorize Scripture and spend some quality time seeking God, building relationships with people I don't generally make time for, and reaching out to the rejected of society like Christ did while He was here (like I'm called to every month of the year!). In terms of memorizing, I'm starting with Psalm 34. Pretty awesome. Here's how it starts: "I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." Wow! Lord, make that a reality in my life.
I just found your blog! You probably will not read this for a while, but your blog was very encouraging! Miss you!
ReplyDelete