Sunday, September 13, 2009

Just Being in His Presence

So my friend has reminded me this week what an amazing God we worship. She has reminded me of the weight of His sacrifice, the weight of His grace, the weight of His glory. God has tugged on my heart this week, showing me how little time I've made for Him recently and how much I miss just being in His presence. Just resting there. Being. In church today, it was so awesome to be there again, at his throne on my knees, worshiping and lifting His name high. Why don't I stay there all day every day? Why do I let the events of each day totally take my mind off anything related to Christ, His glory, and His kingdom? God, keep me in your presence this week. Use me to bring you into the school I will be in for the next semester. Fill and consume me with your Spirit that it may be so evident to others who I follow. Be my priority this week, the One who I crave, the One who I can't wait to spend time with. Put aside all else so you alone will encompass the whole of my being.

"One needs occasionally to stand aside from the hum and rush of human interests and passions to hear the voices of God." -- Anna Julia Cooper

1 comment:

  1. YES... I was saying this exact thing yesterday! Sometimes I forget to be in love. I just get all nit-picky about the logistics of teaching and looking at the word and the character of Jesus and forget to Love him... and to let him love me.

    ReplyDelete